"I believe that the great American hamburger is a thing of beauty, its simple charms noble, pristine. The basic recipe--ground beef, salt, and pepper, formed into a patty, grilled or seared on a griddle, then nestled between two halves of a bun, usually but not necessarily accompanied by lettuce, a tomato slice, and some ketchup--is, to my mind, unimprovable by man or God. A good burger can be made more complicated, even more interesting by the addition of other ingredients--like good cheese or bacon.....relish perhaps, but it will never be made better." - Anthony Bourdain, from the chapter entitled 'Meat', in his book Medium Raw.

June 3, 2012

Zucca (South Ogden, Utah)

One of my favorite things about Zucca is that it is a locally owned restaurant.  And you can always count on seeing the chef around the open kitchen/dining area.  And oftentimes, he'll even visit your table and inquire about your meal.

The burger and fries. $7.50



Zucca chooses to serve its burger with a locally made cheese, which I love.  It's the Beehive Promontory Cheddar from Beehive Cheese Co.  Delicious.

This meal is yummy in every way, but I just have to say I think it's a bit odd that you can look at your plate and count the number of fries with just one glance: Three.  I don't know why I think that's odd, but I do.  And there was more than enough food on this plate -- I left the restaurant stuffed -- but I just can't help thinking about it.

References:
www.myzucca.com
http://www.beehivecheese.com/
www.

No comments:

Post a Comment