"I believe that the great American hamburger is a thing of beauty, its simple charms noble, pristine. The basic recipe--ground beef, salt, and pepper, formed into a patty, grilled or seared on a griddle, then nestled between two halves of a bun, usually but not necessarily accompanied by lettuce, a tomato slice, and some ketchup--is, to my mind, unimprovable by man or God. A good burger can be made more complicated, even more interesting by the addition of other ingredients--like good cheese or bacon.....relish perhaps, but it will never be made better." - Anthony Bourdain, from the chapter entitled 'Meat', in his book Medium Raw.

March 30, 2013

Mikado (Bountiful, UT)


One of my favorite things about Mikado is that you can get burgers and sushi!  I love sushi -- but my husband doesn't -- so it is the perfect place for both of us to enjoy something we like.  They also have a very good happy hour (or early bird specials, whatever you want to call it).  Mikado is one of my favorite treats.

Here is the burger my husband ordered on this trip:


Look at all that sauce!



For more information on Mikado's two locations in Utah, visit their website:

Or, view my other Mikado burger post on this very blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment